If you are running OS X Mountain Lion (OS 10.8.x) on your Mac, you may need to install the latest Java Plug-in to load a ParaChat room. To do so, please follow the fast and easy steps below (please note that starting with Java 7 Update 6, you may download, install and update Java for Mac OS X directly from the Java.com web site):
1. When you encounter a Java applet such as a ParaChat room, you may see "Missing Plug-in" display.
2. Click the down arrow to download the missing Java Plug-in. In the dialog that displays, click the "Install" button to start the Software Update.
3. The Java Plug-in will download to your Mac.
4. The Java Plug-in will install on your Mac.
5. Once the Java Plug-in has downloaded and installed successfully, click OK.
6. Reload the web page where the ParaChat room is located, and the ParaChat applet will load. You may verify the Java version from the chat room's Help menu -> About.
For more information or direct download, please visit the Java for OS X page on the Apple web site: